Jane Asher has enjoyed baking for many years, and has developed all the mixes in the Jane Asher Home Baking range. They are based on the way that Jane makes them from scratch at home: the results will be just as delicious, but quick and fool proof to make.
This classic sponge cake mix makes a light, tasty cake that Jane Asher is really proud of. Always keep a few packets in the cupboard for any cake emergencies.
Fortified Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate,
Iron, Niacin (B3), Thiamin, (B1)) Sugar Rapeseed Oil, Raising Agents (E450 (ì), E500 (ìì), Flavouring.
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
May contain traces of Egg, Milk, Soya
: 8 Servings per pack
(as sold) Per 100g Per (50g) Serving
Energy 1600kj/378kcal 800kj/189kcal
Fat 3.2g 1.6g
of which saturates 0.4g 0.2g
Carbohydrate 81g 41g
of which sugars 44g 22g
Fibre 2.0g 1.0g
Protein 5.0g 2.5g
Salt 1.75g 0.88g
*Serving is for Sponge Sandwich Cake
Produced by Romix Foods Limited, Bright Street, Leigh, Lancashire, United Kingdom, WN7 5QH
You will need: 3 medium eggs, 7 tbsps (100ml) vegetable oil.
Sponge Sandwich Cake (Makes 1 x 18-20cm (7-8") Cake)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan/ gas mark 4. Lightly grease two 18-20cm (7-8") cake tins, and line the bottoms with non-stick baking paper.
2. Empty the cake mix into a bowl and add the eggs, oil and 5 tbsps (75ml) of cold water. With a mixer, or by hand, beat for 2 minutes until the batter is smooth.
3. Pour the batter evenly into the two tins and bake in the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes until well risen and golden and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
4. Leave for a couple of minutes in the tins, then turn out onto a rack and leave to cool completely before decorating.
Tip: Top and fill with one of my delicious ready to use frostings, or with whipped cream and jam. Add some sliced strawberries for a special tea.
Cupcakes (Makes 12)
Make up the mix as above and divide between 12 paper cupcake cases in a bun or muffin tray. Bake at 190°C/ 170°C fan/ gas mark 5 for 15-18 minutes until risen and golden.
Tip: Use a small ice cream scoop to fill the paper cases evenly with mix.
Cooking instructions provided are intended as a guide only.
- Jane Asher: Sponge Mix (6 x 400g Bag)
- Store in a cool, dry place. Once opened, place in a sealed container and consume within 1 day.
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Great for sponge cake or cupcakes
- Each bag serves approximately 8
- Just add eggs & oil
- 400g per bag
Product Code: 52087
Using Product Information:
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are regularly reformulated, so ingredients, allergens, and other information including nutrition, may change. You should always read the actual product label carefully and please do not rely solely on the information provided on the website.