Jane Asher has enjoyed baking for many years, and has developed all the mixes in the Jane Asher Home Baking range. They are based on the way that Jane makes them from scratch at home: the results will be just as delicious, but quick and fool proof to make.
Perfect for sweet or savoury recipes. A handy home baking staple recipe to keep in the cupboard.
Shortcut Pastry Mix.
Ingredients: Fortified Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin (B3), Thiamin (B1)), Vegetable Oil (Palm, Rapeseed),Raising Agents (E450 (i), E500 (ii).
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
May contain traces of Egg, Milk and Soya.
: 6 portions per pack
(as sold) Per 100g Per (56.3g) Portion
Energy 1970kj/471kcal 1108kj/265kcal
Fat 25g 14g
of which saturates 8.6g 4.8g
Carbohydrate 53g 30g
of which sugars 1.1g 0.6g
Fibre 2.4g 1.4g
Protein 7.8g 4.4g
Salt 0.49g 0.28g
Produced by Romix Foods Limited, Bright Street, Leigh, Lancashire, United Kingdom, WN7 5QH
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220°C/fan
200°C/gas mark 7.
2. Empty the sachet into a mixing bowl and add 8 tablespoons (120ml) water.
3. Stir with a wooden spoon and then tip out onto a floured surface and knead gently with floured hands to form a smooth dough.
4. Roll out and bake as needed for your recipe.
(For a golden crust, brush with egg yolk beaten in a little water).
Tip: Perfect in sweet or savoury recipes.
Cooking instructions provided are intended as a guide only.
- Jane Asher Shortcut Pastry Mix (6 x 450g Bag)
- Perfect for sweet or savoury recipes
- Each box makes 8 portions
- Just add water
- 450g per bag
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Once opened, place in a sealed container and consume within 1 day.
Product Code: 17845
Using Product Information:
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are regularly reformulated, so ingredients, allergens, and other information including nutrition, may change. You should always read the actual product label carefully and please do not rely solely on the information provided on the website.