Jane Asher has enjoyed baking for many years, and has developed all the mixes in the Jane Asher Home Baking range. They are based on the way that Jane makes them from scratch at home: the results will be just as delicious, but quick and fool proof to make.
Impress your friends and family with this simple cake mix that has an indulgent chocolate icing. Always keep a few packets in the cupboard for any cake emergencies.
Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
May Contain: Egg, Milk, Soya
For allergens, including gluten, see ingredients in bold.
- Jane Asher: Home Baking Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix 490g (Case of 7)
- With Indulgent Chocolate Icing
- Just Add, Eggs, Oil & Butter
- Suitable For Vegetarians
- One 490g Box Serves 8
Chocolate Cake Mix 350g:
Fortified Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin (B3), Thiamin (B1)), Sugar, Cocoa Powder (5%), Rapeseed Oil, Raising Agent (E450(i), E500 (i), Flavouring.
Chocolate Icing 140g:
Icing Sugar, Cocoa Powder (8%).
Nutritional Information per 100g
Typical Values (as sold)
Energy - 1608kJ/380kcal
Fat - 2.9g
of which saturates - 0.6g
Carbohydrate - 82g
of which sugars - 58g
Fibre - 3.1g
Protein - 4.6g
Salt - 1.26g
Cooking Instructions (for one 490g box)
You will need: 3 medium eggs and 7 tbsps (100ml) Vegetable Oil and 100g softened butter for the icing.
Makes an 18-20cm (7-8") cake
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Lightly grease 2x 18-20cm (7-8") cake tins and line the bottoms with non-stick baking paper
2. Empty the cake mix into a bowl and add eggs, oil and 5 tbsps (75ml) cold water. With a mixer, or by hand, beat for 2 minutes until smooth.
3. Pour the mix evenly between the two tins and bake in the centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes until well risen and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
4. Leave for a couple of minutes in the tins, then turn out onto a rack, peeling off the paper, to cool completely before icing.
1. Put the butter into a small bowl and beat with a fork or wooden spoon to make sure it's soft.
2. Add the icing mix gradually, adding a few drops of hot water as necessary, and beat well until light and fluffy.
3. Turn one cake upside down and spread with roughly a third of the icing, then place the other cake on top, the right way up.
4. Spread all the remaining icing over the top of the cake, making swirls or a spiral pattern with a palette knife if desired.
Tip: Add some chocolate sprinkles from my range to the top of the cake for an extra twist.
Store in cool, dry place. Once opened, place in a sealed container and consume within a day.
490g x 7 = 3.43kg
Romix Foods Limited
Using Product Information:
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are regularly reformulated, so ingredients, allergens, and other information including nutrition, may change. You should always read the actual product label carefully and please do not rely solely on the information provided on the website.