Jane Asher has enjoyed baking for many years, and has developed all the mixes in the Jane Asher Home Baking range. They are based on the way that Jane makes them from scratch at home: the results will be just as delicious, but quick and fool proof to make.
A handy home baking staple recipe to keep in the cupboard.
Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron,
Niacin (B3), Thiamin (B1)), Sugar, Vegetable Oil (Palm, Rapeseed), Skimmed Milk
Powder, Raising Agents (E450 (i), E500 (ii)), Salt.
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
May contain traces of Egg and Soya.
: 6 portions per pack
(as sold) Per 100g Per (53.3g) Portion
Energy 1679kj/399kcal 895kj/213kcal
Fat 11g 6.0g
of which saturates 3.8g 2.0g
Carbohydrate 59g 32g
of which sugars 17g 9.2g
Fibre 7.1g 3.8g
Protein 11.4g 6.1g
Salt 1.32g 0.70g
Produced by Romix Foods Limited, Bright Street, Leigh, Lancashire, United Kingdom, WN7 5QH
You will need:
150ml semi-skimmed milk, 1 x 5cm round cutter and 1 egg (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220°C / 200°C fan/ gas mark 7 and put a baking tray in to get hot.
2. Empty the mix into a bowl and add the milk.
3. Stir lightly with a wooden spoon, then tip onto a floured surface and knead gently with floured hands into a smooth, soft dough.
4. Pat out with the heel of your hand (or roll) into a thickness of roughly 2.5cm. Dip the cutter in flour and cut 4-6 scones.
5. Place on the hot baking tray (no need to grease), dust the tops with a little extra flour and bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and brown.
6. Eat warm or cold with jam and cream.
For a shinier, more golden finish, brush a little beaten egg over the tops before baking.
Tip: Add a handful of sultanas to make these fruity.
Cooking instructions provided are intended as a guide only.
- Jane Asher: Scone Mix (7 x 320g Bags)
- You will need 150ml semi-skimmed milk, 1 x 5cm round cutter and 1 egg optional
- 320g per bag
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Once opened, place in a sealed container and consume within 1 day.
Product Code: 17852
Using Product Information:
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are regularly reformulated, so ingredients, allergens, and other information including nutrition, may change. You should always read the actual product label carefully and please do not rely solely on the information provided on the website.