Jane Asher has enjoyed baking for many years, and has developed all the mixes in the Jane Asher Home Baking range. They are based on the way that Jane makes them from scratch at home: the results will be just as delicious, but quick and fool proof to make.
Carrot Cake is a bit time consuming to make from scratch, so this easy mix is quick and gives a fantastic result. Keep a few packs in the cupboard to be ready for unexpected visitors on the horizon.
Carrot Cake Mix
- Jane Asher: Home Baking Carrot Cake Mix 430g (Case of 7)
- Just Add Eggs, Oil & Butter
- With Delicious Buttercream
- Suitable For Vegetarians
- Each 430g Serves 8
May Contain: Egg, Milk, Soya
For allergens, including gluten, see ingredients in bold.
Carrot Cake Mix 350g:
Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin (B3), Thiamin (B1)), Sugar, Dehydrated Carrot (8%), Rapeseed Oil, Raising Agent (E450(i), E500 (i), Mixed Spice (Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Coriander, Cassia, Ginger, Cardamom, Cloves, Fennel), Colour (E150c).
Icing Sugar, Vanilla Flavour.
Nutritional Information per 100g
Typical Values (as sold)
Energy - 1624kJ/383kcal
Fat - 2.7g
of which saturates - 0.4g
Carbohydrate - 84g
of which sugars - 54g
Fibre - 3.5g
Protein - 4.2g
Salt - 1.39g
Cooking Instructions (for one 430g box)
You will need: 3 medium eggs, 7 tbsps (110ml) Vegetable Oil and 50g Soft Butter.
Makes 1x 18-20cm (7-8") cake
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4 and lightly grease an 18-20cm (7-8") cake tin and line the bottom with non-stick baking paper.
2. Empty the cake mix into a bowl and add the eggs, oil and 5 tbsps (75ml) cold water. With a mixer, or by hand, beat for 2 minutes until the batter is smooth.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes until well risen and knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
4. Leave for a couple of minutes in the tin, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely before decorating.
5. To make the icing: put the softened butter into a small bowl and gently add the icing mix, incorporating it bit by bit into the butter with a fork or the back of a wooden spoon (if the butter is too stiff, you can just add a drop or two of hot water). Beat until light and fluffy, then spread over the top of the completely cold cake.
Tip: Substitute cream cheese for 30g of the butter for a tangy cream cheese frosting.
Cooking instructions provided are intended as a guide only.
Store in cool, dry place. Once opened, place in a sealed container and consume within a day.
430g x 7 = 3.01kg
Romix Foods Limited
Product Code: 52099
Using Product Information:
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are regularly reformulated, so ingredients, allergens, and other information including nutrition, may change. You should always read the actual product label carefully and please do not rely solely on the information provided on the website.