Jane Asher has enjoyed baking for many years, and has developed all the mixes in the Jane Asher Home Baking range. They are based on the way that Jane makes them from scratch at home: the results will be just as delicious, but quick and fool proof to make.
Impress your friends and family with this simple cupcake mix that has luxury quality for final presentation. Always keep a few packets in the cupboard for any cake emergencies.
Red Velvet Cupcake Mix
May Contain: Egg, Milk, Soya
For allergens, including gluten, see ingredients in bold.
- Jane Asher: Home Baking Red Velvet Cupcake Mix 308g (Case of 7)
- With Sprinkles, Icing & Cases
- Just Add, Eggs, Oil & Butter
- Suitable For Vegetarians
- One 308g Box Serves 12
Sugar, Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Red Matte Sprinkles [Sugar Cornstarch, Maltodextrin, Colours (E160c Paprika, E163 Anthocyanins), Glazing Agent (Carnuba Wax)], Rapeseed Oil, Cocoa Powder, Raising Agent (E450(i), E500 (ii), Colour E129, Flavouring.
Nutritional Information per 100g
Typical Values (as sold)
Energy - 1648kJ/389kcal
Fat - 2.3g
of which saturates - 0.3g
Carbohydrate - 88g
of which sugars - 61g
Fibre - 3.1g
Protein - 3.3g
Salt - 1.18g
Cooking Instructions (for one 308g box)
You will need: 2 Medium Eggs, 45ml Water, 45ml Vegetable Oil and 80g Softened Butter for the icing.
1. Pre-heat oven to 190°C/170°C (fan), Gas Mark 4.
2. Put the 12 cake cases into a muffin or cupcake tray.
3. Empty the mix into a bowl and add eggs, oil and water. With a mixer, or by hand, beat for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
4. Divide the batter equally between the cases.
5. Bake in the centre of the oven for 18-20 minutes until the tops spring back when lightly pressed.
6. Remove from the tin and leave on a rack to cool completely before decorating.
7. Put the butter into a mixing bowl and make sure it is soft. Gradually add the icing mix, mixing by hand or with an electric mixer until it is blended, then beat for a few minutes until pale and fluffy. Pipe the icing onto the cupcakes in swirls or spread with a knife, then decorate with red sprinkles.
Tip: For a tangy topping, substitute cream cheese for half the butter when making the icing.
Cooking instruction provided are intended as a guide only.
Store in cool, dry place. Once opened, place in a sealed container and consume within a day.
308g x 7 = 2.156kg
Romix Foods Limited
Using Product Information:
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are regularly reformulated, so ingredients, allergens, and other information including nutrition, may change. You should always read the actual product label carefully and please do not rely solely on the information provided on the website.