Jane Asher has enjoyed baking for many years, and has developed all the mixes in the Jane Asher Home Baking range. They are based on the way that Jane makes them from scratch at home: the results will be just as delicious, but quick and fool proof to make.
Impress your friends and family with fresh home baked cinnamon buns. Always keep a few packets in the cupboard for any cake emergencies.
Cinnamon Bun Mix
May Contain: Egg, Milk, Soya
For allergens, including gluten, see ingredients in bold.
- Jane Asher: Home Baking Cinnamon Bun Mix 365g (Case of 7)
- For That Freshly Baked Taste
- Just Add, Eggs, Milk & Butter
- Suitable For Vegetarians
- One 365g Box Serves 8
Wheat Flour [Wheat Flour, Calcium, Iron, Niacin (B3), Thiamin(B1)], Sugar, Yeast, Cinnamon (0.9%), Rapeseed Oil, Salt, Antioxidant: Ascorbic Acid E300.
Nutritional Information per 100g
Typical Values (as sold)
Energy - 1499kJ/354kcal
Fat - 2.2g
of which saturates - 0.4g
Carbohydrate - 67g
of which sugars - 22g
Fibre - 8.7g
Protein - 12g
Salt - 0.20g
Cooking Instructions (for one 308g box)
You will need: 100g Softened (or Spreadable) Butter, 120ml Milk & 2 Medium Eggs.
1. Put 75g of the soft butter into a mixing bowl and gradually add the sachet of bun mix, blending it in by using the back of a wooden spoon until it looks like breadcrumbs. Add the milk and 1 egg and stir until the mix comes together in a rough, sticky dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 8-10 minutes, adding a little extra flour as necessary, until it forms a smooth elastic dough. Cover lightly with cling film or a tea towel and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly oil a 8-9" (20-22cm) round tin(or two smaller ones) and line the base with baking paper.
2. Roll out the dough on the floured work surface to a rectangle approx. 30 x 20cm. Spread the remaining 25g butter over the dough and sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon sugar, saving a couple of teaspoonfuls for later. Roll up the long side of the dough like a Swiss roll, and slice evenly into 8 pieces.
3. Arrange the slices in the baking tin, spacing them out evenly as necessary (they will expand in the oven). cover with cling film or a tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 4.
4. Brush the rolls with the second egg, lightly beaten, Then sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar and bake for around 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
5. Leave for a couple of minutes in the tin and either eat warm or place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Tip: For a treat, mix a little icing sugar with a few drops of vanilla essence and water and drizzle over buns.
Cooking instruction provided are intended as a guide only.
Store in cool, dry place. Once opened, place in a sealed container and consume within a day.
308g x 7 = 2.156kg
Romix Foods Limited
Product Code: 57343
Using Product Information:
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are regularly reformulated, so ingredients, allergens, and other information including nutrition, may change. You should always read the actual product label carefully and please do not rely solely on the information provided on the website.